ASSISTANT RESIDENT ENGINEER
RAWAFED RECRUITMENT SERVICES
- Engineering & Construction
ASSISTANT RESIDENT ENGINEER
JOB LOCATION: ABU DHABI (SITE / PROJECT BASED)
- The purpose of this position is to assist the Resident Engineer with the day to day running of the roads and infrastructure works on site. You will report directly to the Resident Engineer of the project.
- Ensure performance of the work in strict accordance with the drawings, plans and specifications.
- Maintain a detailed diary of the day work activities, issues, work approved or rejected, hours of operation, labour and equipment used, etc.
- Coordinate with the Contractor’s Senior Construction Manager in charge of the work on a frequent basis to ensure that no issues are encountered.
- Coordinate with the discipline Engineers to ensure that the relevant sections of works are managed, supervised and inspected correctly.
- Review and comment appropriately to RFI’s as received from the Contractor, when directed by the Resident Engineer.
- Review and comment appropriately to RFA’s as received from the Contractor, when directed by the Resident Engineer.
- Report to the Resident Engineer any failure of the Contractor to conform to drawings, plans and specifications and to provide good workmanship.
- Review and comment appropriately to shop drawings received from the Contractor, when directed by the Resident Engineer.
- Ensure that the works are being constructed to the latest construction and shop drawings.
- Liaise with the design office Engineer(s) when required.
- Assist the Resident Engineer in monitoring the Contractor’s progress of the works.
- Representation of Company at daily site meetings with the Contractor when necessary.
- Ensure that works are compliant with the Contractor’s HSE plans at all times
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering
- 5 - 7 years of experience in Roads and Infrastructure projects.
- Experience in using Power Tools for Windows (PTW).
- Takes accountability for assigned work.
- Good computer skills, e.g. Excel.
- Demonstrated report writing skills of a high caliber.
- Excellent client relationship skills.
- Excellent communication and team skills Ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to work to deadlines and under pressure.
- Good problem solving skills & creative thinking (innovation).
Candidates please send cvs to email@example.com
You can trust that your business and personal matters will be handled with professionalism, integrity, and the utmost discretion. The end result will be accurate, on time, and get you great results.
The mission of RAWAFED is to give an opportunity for the valuable companies in the Middle East to focus on their core functions and increase their efficiency while we take care of their human resources need.
We believe talent has no limit and no national boundary. We are positive that we can optimize human potential, maximize the happiness and help to increase the productivity of companies and individual job aspirants by being the forum where thy all meet.