Group Tax Manager
INSPIRE SELECTION FZE
Group Tax Manager
We’re searching for a Group Tax Manager for our multinational client which operates across 6 continents. The tax remit will focus on African countries, in particular Tanzania and Kenya.
- Responsible to legally minimise tax liabilities through informed application of tax laws and regulations in all the territories
- Prepare and review tax calculations, estimates and reports accruals partnering with country, finance, and operations teams.
- Manage tax compliance, reporting, and filing works for the Group.
- Ensure timely and accurate filing of all corporate tax, VAT and withholding tax returns
- Establish appropriate system or processes for tax risk management for the Group
- Act as the key point of contact and support for our local and regional taxation matters
- Liaise with tax authorities and provide tax audit support for the Group for corporate taxation, commodity taxes and statutory payroll deductions
- Manage external tax authorities and consultants locally and regionally
- Calculate current and deferred tax provision
- Assist in forecasting tax expense for the group’s budget process
- Provide internal tax advisory services and support on business operation matters to the Group
- Lead and coordinate ad-hoc tax-driven business initiatives locally or regionally
- Advise and keep up-to-date on changes in tax legislations impacting the Group
- Update annual transfer pricing documentation for the Group and ensure intercompany transactions are adequately documented
- Advise on form and content of intercompany agreements
- Advise on the tax deductibility of the Group’s expenditures and track the deductions of capital transactions of property and equipment
- Apply for withholding tax exemptions where available
- Track available loss carry forward balances by legal entity, as applicable
- Degree in Accountancy, with CPA/CA/ACCA qualification.
- Min 5 years’ international tax experience.
- Technically strong with solid knowledge and experience in Africa with a focus on Tanzania & Kenya
- Prior experience in tax strategy implementation, planning support and project management
- Independent worker who is able to work well with minimal supervision.
Sectors(s): Accountancy, Tax Manager
Salary: AED30,000 Per Month
Benefits: Benefits Flight & Health Insurance
Contract Type: Permanent
We apologise that we cannot reply to everybody however we do guarantee that we look at every application. If you haven’t had a response from us within 7 days, you can assume you haven’t been successful on this occasion. (LV)