Legal Assistant – Paralegal
INSPIRE SELECTION FZE
Legal Assistant – Paralegal
Attractive Expat Package Available
An exciting opportunity has arose to work for a leading multinational business who operate within the energy sector.
Supporting the Regional Legal Counsel with day-to-day legal tasks, regulatory filings and general company secretarial duties and undertaking administrative and secretarial duties.
Principal Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Providing paralegal and administrative support for the Regional Legal Counsel in relation to corporate governance and Company’s operations in Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia Pacific in a timely and effective manner and in conformity with Company policies and procedures, Corporate Legal advice, and the guidance of the Regional Legal Counsel, Tax, Insurance, HSE and other specialist functions and applicable law.
- Supporting the Regional Legal Counsel in all stages of commercial and corporate legal transactions including preparation of documents necessary to minimize legal risk and to comply with local and overseas regulations.
- Assisting the Regional Legal Counsel with the provision of legal support for commercial transactions, risk management, corporate governance, real estate conveyances, representation and other intermediary arrangements, joint venture and cooperation arrangements, employee relations, intellectual property, confidential disclosures, licenses, and acquisitions and divestitures in the Company’s operations in Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia Pacific in coordination with Regional management, Corporate Legal and other specialist functions.
- Promoting awareness of legal risks within the region’s business management and contracting and other specialists through internal training and counselling.
- Assisting the Regional Legal Counsel in providing functional (legal) training and oversight of regional contracting staff.
- Liaising with Corporate and other Regional Legal Counsel, other specialists and colleagues on regional and global policies, procedures and initiatives as otherwise as required.
- Assisting the Regional Legal Counsel and participate in the development and implementation of Corporate compliance programs, including training employees (onshore and offshore employees) and business associates on the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and related policies and procedures, including the Company’s Anti-Corruption Compliance Policy.
- Assisting the Regional Legal Counsel with the incorporation and formation of new companies as instructed by the Regional Legal Counsel and necessary to support the Company’s operations in Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia Pacific and to ensure the Company is compliant with its in-country registration obligations.
- Creating and maintaining an annual timetable for legal and regulatory compliance reporting for individual business units and entities arising from the Company operations in Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia Pacific.
- Maintaining records of annual returns and other statutory filings as required
- Maintaining and updating the Company’s corporate entity information on the Company’s chosen database.
- Drafting power of attorneys (POA) and maintaining the POA register / diarising expiry dates.
- Arranging the notarization and legalization of documentation including liaising with notary publics and embassy staff in Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia Pacific.
- Supporting the Commercial Departments in the review / completion of pre-tender due diligence questionnaires and maintaining the due diligence register.
- Carrying out Legal and factual research including the review and monitoring of new and updated laws and regulations and preparing memorandums of advice for the Regional Legal Counsel and / or other departments are instructed / required.
- Assisting the Regional Legal Counsel with the management of external legal advisers in a timely and cost efficient manner.
- Flexible to travel throughout Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia Pacific to Company and Client premises and to meet with external legal advisers as required from time to time.
- Other duties as assigned by the Regional Legal Counsel and Corporate Legal.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum of one year experience with a law firm or in-house legal department of a multi-national company in the UK AND LLB from a university or equivalent law degree from another common-law jurisdiction (OR Associates’ or bachelor’s plus a Law Graduate Diploma GDL/CPE Graduate Diploma)
In addition to the above qualification, a Legal Practice Course (PG Dip) from a UK university or equivalent from another common-law jurisdiction is preferred, but not essential.
Language: Fluent English Essential.
The client is offering an attractive Tax-Free package, + Annual return flight to home country. + Medical insurance. (JC)
Sectors(s): Legal , Legal Assistant, Legal Associate
Salary: Salary negotiable
Benefits: Tax-Free package, + Annual return flight to home country. + Medical insurance
Contract Type: Permanent