Reputed shipping company is looking for the position of Logistics manager,
Preferences are male candidate with minimum age limit of 32 years and with complete knowledge in transport & trucking business. Experience in African sector with local laws & contract information is an added advantage. Pls find below the Job description for reference.
General Key Job Description:
• From the HQ perspective monitor& supervise direct activities related to SALES (incl. pricing, offer preparation, marketing), ROUTE PLANNING (incl. geographical planning, truck booking, truck allocation), TRUCK OWNING (incl. maintenance, tire management, insurance, drivers training, yard management), TRANSPORT OF CARGO (incl. movement control, co-ordination of lift-in/ lift-off activities, GPS tracking, fuel management), AFTERSALES (incl. billing, CRM, money collection).
• In co-ordination with HQ HR Team plan, organize and manage the work of staff to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements.
• Screening and securing contracts between the company and the clients and ensuring that it complies with administrative policies, procedures, safety rules and government regulations.
• Supervise negotiations and authorize contracts with equipment and materials suppliers, and monitor contract fulfillment.
• In co-ordination with HQ Finance Team analyze expenditures and other financial information in order to propose actions aimed at increasing profits and improving services.
• Regular monitoring of current / proposed tariffs and schedule changes in tariff.
• Keep management updated about the current and future trends.
• Set operations policies and standards, including determination of safety procedures for the handling of dangerous goods.
• Monitor employee training sessions on subjects such as hazardous material handling, employee orientation, quality improvement and computer use.
• Direct procurement processes, including equipment research and testing, vendor contracts, and requisitions approval.
• Monitors work productivity, recommends, and implements changes to continually improve work productivity.
• Co-operate with HQ IT Team and external service providers on development, integration and testing of ERP class IT solution.
• Reviews all applicable regulatory paperwork.
• Ensures continual improvement of productivity standards and worker safety performance in all phases of the operation.
• Initiates actions to assure timely resolution of identified hazards or unsafe conditions or practices.
• Performs other related duties as required or requested
Interested applicants may email CV along with latest colored photograph to: firstname.lastname@example.org