INSPIRE SELECTION FZE
Excellent Expatriate Package Available
An excellent opportunity has arisen to develop and eventually lead the Patent Practice for one of the regions leading law firms specialising in IP and Patent law.
Our client is a large, reputable brand within the Patent and IP market across the Middle East. Being an established firm in the region, they work with many high profile clients including top tier internationals across a diverse range of business sectors. At this time, they are looking to hire an experienced Patent Attorney ideally with a background in chemistry, chemical engineering or material science. They are interested in candidates who have experience in conducting prior art searches, providing patentability opinions, drafting, filing, and prosecuting patents.
The client is looking for a candidate who has excellent commercial skills in addition, who can continue to forge new relationships, develop existing, and strive to build the practice further. For the right candidate, my client is offering clear career progression. Through excellent performance and merit, this individual will move towards leading the patent practice.
Responsibilities will include:
- Advise on all kinds of patent matters, including conducting prior art searches, and providing patentability opinions for inventions in a diverse array of industrial fields;
- Advise UAE companies, universities and individual inventors on patent law principles, patent prosecution and providing patentability opinions of inventions.
- Advise on oil and gas patent portfolios and advising on the patentability of various R&D projects for oil and gas sector.
- Draft and file US patent applications in a wide variety of technologies; provide patentability opinions and advising on patent portfolio management and filing strategies in the US and MENA region.
- Support, grow and lead a regional patent team in the MENA region.
Desired Skills & Experience:
To apply for this role you should have the following: (Essential)
Education: US or UK Qualified Patent Attorney with up to 6 years or relevant Post-Qualification Experience.
Qualifications: BS in chemistry, chemical engineering or material science and an LLB from a reputable university.
Experience: A background in chemistry, chemical engineering or material science.
Experience in conducting prior art searches, providing patentability opinions, drafting, filing, and prosecuting patents.
Language: Fluent English Essential.
The client is offering an attractive Tax-Free package, + Annual return flight to home country. + Medical insurance. (JC)
Salary: Salary negotiable
Benefits: Tax-Free package + Annual return flight to home country + Medical insurance
Contract Type: Permanent